A NEW water park on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi, UAE, has entered the final phase of development with the unveiling of its name: the YasWaterworld Aqua Park.
With a theme that pays tribute to Emirati culture and the country’s pearl diving heritage, the water park is set to welcome guests in the fourth quarter of 2012. Visitors will be able to enjoy 43 rides, slides and attractions that follow the adventures of the park’s main character ‘Dana’, a young Emirati girl in search of a legendary pearl which brought prosperity to the people of her village.
Last month the park celebrated the topping out of the Jebel Dana, a towering centrepiece and home of the ‘great mother pearl’. “Soaring 45 m above ground, the Jebel Dana will be the newest tourism beacon drawing regional and international crowds heading to the island when YasWaterworld Aqua Park opens later this year,” says park manager Mike Oswald.
The water park covers more than 15 hectares with restaurants, shops and interactive games in addition to the many rides, slides, and attractions.
The park is located adjacent to Ferrari World Abu Dhabi and is set to become an integral part of the island’s entertainment which includes the Yas Marina Circuit and the Yas Links Golf Course.
- New tourism authority to drive growth
- Rotana focuses on Mice
- St Regis debuts in Middle East
- Water park gears for year-end splash
- Fairmont’s meetings help make a difference
- Millennium Abu Dhabi gets eco-friendly
- Anantara serves up the ‘ultimate lunch’
- Etihad to offer free 96-hour entry visas
- Rotana to open new five-star in Al Ain
- Dubai hotel rolls out iPads for limousines